News

Man died after overdose: SA court hears

by
February 13, 2018

Lee-Anne Atkins hopes an inquest will find out why her husband was overdosed on opioids in hospital.

A 53-year-old man died in Adelaide's Flinders Medical Centre after staff overdosed him with opioid painkilling medication, an inquest has heard.

Stephen Robert Atkins died in March 2015, after he was administered Fentanyl and Oxycodone to manage his chronic neck pain.

In the South Australian Coroner's Court on Tuesday, assisting counsel Kathryn Waite said the hospital had mismanaged Mr Atkins' medication regime and he should not have been given the opioids.

By
More in National
Login Sign Up

Dummy text